CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day.

My wonderful hubby planned a great trip to Portland for my first "official" Mother's Day. The weather was beautiful (which can be a rarity here in the NW) and we spent Saturday walking around the city and enjoying the outdoors. Then I got my "gift" which was exactly what I requested....a couple of hours of shopping to myself with an extra discount at Nordstrom and NO sales tax! I scored some pretty great pieces!! Then, on Sunday before we left to head back to Seattle, we enjoyed a very nice brunch...just the 3 of us. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend.

Sometimes I still can't believe that I can celebrate Mother's Day in any way other than celebrating for my own mom. These past 7 months have flown by and I have loved every minute of it....from the grins, giggles, and coos even to the sleepless nights. I wouldn't trade anything in this world for my fabulous little boy. He is my definition of sunshine! To all the lovely mothers in my life, I hope you all had a fantastic day and I am so happy that I have joined your ranks!

0 comments: