CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cereal, cereal, everywhere!

Jackson had his first taste of something other than mom's milk on his Uncle Ryan's birthday - 3.14.09. He absolutely LOVED it! He was very in to opening his mouth for the spoon and did a pretty good job for a 5 month old. We tried to keep things pretty neat but, of course, it never stays that way (especially with the tongue reflex all babies have at this age...just pushing things out instead of back to swallow).

All last week I kept trying to give him rice cereal at dinner and he just wasn't nearly as interested as he was the first couple of days that he had it. So, on Sunday, I decided to try oatmeal cereal instead. Man, I thought he loved the rice cereal....this kid canEAT oatmeal cereal. Every time I've fed it to him he's eaten the ENTIRE thing! This week we're hoping to move on to solids. I got apples, pears, sweet potatoes, peas, and bananas this past weekend so we can start trying some new things. I can't believe how quickly he's growing up!


Yum, yum! This sure is good!! :)

1 comments:

danie said...

Carson liked the veggies more than the fruits, which is odd. He liked the oatmeal cereal with bananas the best. I was told to do the veggies first because they may not go back after eating the sweet fruits. Carson loved the sweet potatoes, green beans, and carrots. Now that's he's on table food, he would eat a can of carrots or green beans for dinner if you would let him. :)
I can't believe how quickly Baby J is growing up!!